Wellbeing Award for Schools
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we recognise the importance of wellbeing and are committed to promoting a healthy body and mind with all of our school community. With this in mind, we are excited to be taking part in the acccrediation process for the Wellbeing Award for schools.
The award focuses on ensuring that effective practice and provision is in place which promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff, pupils and all members of our school community. The verficiation process will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that well-being is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of every day school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff, pupils and all members of our school community
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues
If you would like any further advice or support from school, please speak to a member of staff.
Please see below for mental health & well-being information, signposting to local services and advice for parents: