Ofsted Report (2018)
Our lastest Section 8 Ofsted Inspection took place in October 2018. This found that: 'This school continues to be good.'
The full report can be downloaded via the link at the bottom of the page.
RE Inspection Report (2016)
The Diocese of Shrewsbury carries out regular inspections to look at the quality of the Religious character of its schools.
Our most recent RE Inspection was in November 2016 which found:
"St Joseph's is an exemplary Catholic Primary continuing to provide outstanding provision for Religious Education"
(Diocese of Shrewsbury S48 monitoring report; November 2016)
Here are a few highlights from the full report
* Since the last inspection all areas for development have become firmly embedded in the life of the school. Not content with just maintaining the standards set at the last inspection, ... the Headteacher has ensured that there is an innovative and empowering approach to the teaching of Religious Education through the school.
* All staff are appreciative of the support and encouragement of the Headteacher and the very effective leadership of the Religious Education Coordinator.
* Pupils are encouraged to play a leading role in Collective Acts of Worhip, they are extremely confident and competent and thrive on responsibilities given to them.
* The children take pride in their work and their books are exemplary.
* The wider parish community continues to grow and strengthen and a revised approach to sacramental preparation is very effectively supported by parish catechists.
* Governors are very supportive and knowledgeable about the provision for Religious Education.
* Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school.