An application can be made for a place at St Joseph's for a child at any time outside of the normal admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. Application should be made via Cheshire West and Chester using the link below.
Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 2023-2024, will be applied.
- Looked after children – a ‘looked after child’ is a child who is in the care of the local authority or provided with accommodation by that authority (as defined in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989) and means any child who is (a) in the care of a local authority or (b) being provided with accommodation by them in the exercise of their social services functions (e.g. children with foster parents) at the time of making application to the school or a child who has been previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a child arrangements or special guardianship order. Included in this definition are those children who appear (to the governing board) to have been in state care outside of England and who ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
- Baptised Catholic children from the parish of St. Joseph’s, Winsford.
- Baptised Catholic children who have attended St Joseph’s Nursery.
- Baptised Catholic children from other parishes.
- Children who have attended St Joseph’s Nursery.
- Children with special medical or social circumstances for whom this school is deemed the most appropriate.
- Non-Catholic children whose parents wish them to have a Catholic education.
Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application by Cheshire West and Chester as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact Mrs Anacoura, Administration Officer. You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with Cheshire West and Chester School Admissions Team.
Further information about Cheshire West and Chester's school admissions can be found via the following link.